Diploma courses can provide a variety of advantages, ranging from flexibility and affordability to professional skill requirements for various occupations. Additionally, because diplomas are shorter than college degrees, you can earn many diplomas in the same field. 中文版
1. Diploma courses are industry-oriented Most conventional college degrees involve a fair amount of theoretical studies, much of which might not have direct application in your professional life. On the other hand, most courses cut to the chase and are extremely practice-oriented. They focus on building relevant skills which would be required for your future career. Hence, it isn’t a surprise that diploma courses are popular in business-dominated countries such as Singapore. A report released by the Singapore Government showed that 47.3% of high-school graduates in the country took admission in diploma programmes.
2. You can potentially earn more with a professional diploma Most programs are specially designed to provide you with real-life professional skills and expertise. Hence, you can pursue a diploma if you require specialised skills in a specific domain. For instance, a business management diploma can provide you with all the management skills needed to set up your own company. Naturally, professional diplomas can enable you to earn a good salary post completing the course. They can also be a great alternative if you are currently working and wish to enhance your current package. The Polytechnic Graduate Employment Survey in Singapore reported the median monthly salary for fresh graduates as compared to graduates with a specialised diploma. The survey revealed that new business management and technology graduates received S$400 and S$200 less respectively than those who completed their diploma in Singapore.
3. Diplomas have less pre-requisites Diploma programs, on the other hand, have far fewer prerequisites. Most diploma programs have lower entry scores and can accept students with less-than standard scores. The diploma programs offered by SOQ International Academy (SOQ) in Singapore have reasonable age and academic requirements. The institution also assesses the applications of students with non-standard requirements on a case by case basis.
4. Diploma programs are shorter than college degrees Undergraduate college programs require at least three years of full-time study. What if you’re unable to devote your entire time to your education and intend to pursue a course part-time? In that case, a conventional degree can take even more time. However, the practical nature of diploma programs allows them to be much shorter and concise in comparison to regular bachelor’s programs. Most diploma programs last for one to two years which will enable you to enter the workforce sooner. You can also choose to pursue a part-time diploma in Singapore if you wish to focus on your career at the same time.
5. Diplomas make you job ready faster University degrees have a reputation for focusing on academic lectures and tutorials – knowledge that may not guarantee you the skills to get your first role. Diplomas have practical applications and give you the opportunity to learn and apply new skills. Once you are qualified, you will be able to apply your diploma to the job market. The diploma courses’ benefits also include affordability and flexibility. A professional diploma is also a great way to update your existing knowledge and skills as well as familiarise yourself with the latest industry trends. It can be a good alternative for you if you are looking forward to join the workforce soon after graduating high school. The learning format is also suitable for those who are sure of their career selection and want specialised education instead of a general one.
6. Learning is flexible
Studying a diploma can often allow you to take some of your subjects online. Doing all your course online, or just one subjects lets study fit into your life. Think about how that could help you; with the hours you work, your social or family commitments. With the right qualifications, you’ll be able to plan your career choices and utilise your skills. Often, a diploma is the best answer to get your dream started without committing to too much.
SOQ International Academy in Singapore offers many specialised diploma courses in relevant disciplines like retail, beauty, massage, semi-permanent embroidery and business management. These programs can help you build a strong foundation in the selected subject, should you choose to pursue further studies in the field. Click here to give a glance at the comprehensive list of diploma courses available at SOQ International Academy in Singapore.
Training Provider: SOQ International Academy
Registration Nuber: 201723514D
Period of Registration: 09 June 2022 – 08 June 2024
SOQ International Academy is registered as Private Education Institution (PEI) with Committee for Private Education (CPE) SOQ has been appointed as one of SSG approved training organisations to deliver WSQ accredited learning programmes in the retail industry. Read More
Whatsapp 1: https://wa.me/6586867341
Whatsapp 2: https://wa.me/6587889618
Hotline: +65 69963383 (Singapore)
Venue: 277 Orchard Road, Orchard Gateway B2-14 Singapore 238858 (Somerset)
Recommended course for you: List of Courses